Where'd you go? I miss you so. Seems like its been forever, since you've been gone.
Oh boy. It was Memorial day this weekend. A lot of stuff went down. I don't even know if I'm going to have time to type it all out before I start forgetting things or I'm too tired or I have to go. So I'll just try to write down as much as I can.
First of all...I'm feeling kind of poopy at the moment. I found out that Jon and Kate just divorced. (I watched that show a couple of times. Sure, its cute.) I thought it was extremely sad. I don't know whether it's true or not, but I heard about it so yea. It just seemed like a sort of perfect ideal family, and then suddenly, it's just all torn apart. For some reason or reasons that no one exactly knows except for Jon and Kate themselves. The first thing that came to my head was: "what about the kids?" They have eight! none of them are 10 yet I don't think. I think it's really sad when couples divorce. And when there are kids involved. I know there's a 50% divorce rate and all, but...is there some way for us to lower that? Nothing good ever comes out of a divorce when kids are involved. You can say that the mom/dad was a horrible parent or whatever, but the kid will still grow up without his/her true mom/dad. And that's an extreme psychological blow. I want to say something like "can't the couple just stay together for the sake of the kid/kids?" But that wouldn't really work out...*sigh* shit happens. That's the theme for this blog. Shit. Happens.
Shit happens and sometimes theres nothing you can do to stop it. This weekend was fun. It was pretty alright. Except for one part. Let's start with Friday...Friday I went to go get my tux for prom this coming Saturday. (Yay) and I went to my friend's church event thing which was pretty fun too. Then Saturday...I hung out with a friend and then I went to my other friend's birthday party barbeque which was alright too. Hung out with some friends and stuff, spent some good social time. Then Sunday...great. Sunday was a typical Sunday. Woke up, went to church, came home and hung out. Then around 5 I find out that a bunch of my friends were going to a club in SF. So then I call up some people and then we go. We have a pretty alright time and then afterwards we decide to just hang outside the club. (which is never a good idea). So it was a bunch of us Asian guys, like twenty of us. And whenever theres two big racial groups around, assumptions are always made. So there was this other group of African-Americans standing next to us, probably about 20 deep too, and started asking some of my friends if we were the Jackson Boys. (a notorious San Francisco Asian gang), and they replied no. (Obviously, do we seriously look like a bunch of thugs?). After a little confrontation most of my friends walked away and I continued to stand there with a few of my other friends. Keep in mind that during this whole time that they two groups were interacting, I had no part in. Then out of no where, this guy rushes at me and socks/punches (I don't know if all of you know the slang) me on the left side of my face. To my surprise I didn't fall to the ground or get knocked out or anything. And it was a hard ass punch. The guy totally blind sided me that fucker. So I turn and look at him and was like "What the fuck?" and then my friends pull me away and say "let it go Steve, just walk away", which I did. And I realize now it was probably the smart move to make since we didn't know whether they would have weapons or such. Later on I learn that apparently the African-American group thought i was a leader of the Jackson Boys. And I was like...Wow. Awesome. So this guy that punched me probably realized I wasn't that dude when I didn't pull out a gun on him or that a bunch of my friends didn't rush in. Then I think about how retarded he would feel. "Oh. I just punched some random dude that I thought was someone else...okay." It's not like he even wanted to fight me or anything. He hit me once and that was it. If he wanted to fight me he would've kept going at it. So yea. That was the most random thing that's ever happened to me. It sucked though. I got my tooth chipped and my filling came out. Now I have to go get my filling back in. Not to mention a sore ass jaw that's giving me trouble eating and talking. Great.
That was pretty long.
#2 of Shit. Happens. My friend happened to be driving on the freeway. Theres this lady in front of him that has a loose bumper and he's looking at it like "what if that falls off." He continues driving and a little later the bumper comes FLYING off. He swerves right, left, right, etc. in order to dodge it while counter steering his car which was probably soon to spin out of control. His car ends up scraping along the middle wall divider (he was driving in the fast lane) and now his paint job is completely effed up and parts of his car is dented. He pulls over to the next exit and goes into a gas station to inspect his car, and the lady is there! He recognizes her and get's hella pissed. But then the lady approaches him, crying and saying sorry and crap like that. Then he feels bad and just does what he's supposed to and they exhcnage insurance numbers etc and all that crap. But what good is that? Nothing can be fixed in an accident. Even with insurance. Your car will never be the same. Thank God that he and his passengers were okay.
So what the hell do you do in all these situations? It's like the most random crap ever that you just can't prevent. Shit just happens. Sometimes to the best of us, sometimes to the worse of us. We just gotta accept that it happens. Sometimes it really sucks. But it happens.
I'm graduating soon. The idea of it has been slowly coming to me for the past two weeks. It's a gradual and slow process that will end up with me with a waterfall coming out of my eyes on graduation day. Oh boy. Shit happens. I miss people. I miss old friends. I miss people I never see anymore. I miss people I never talk to anymore. I miss people that I've just met. I miss people that I've known since forever. And it seems like I'll just be continuing to miss them. But hey, that's life. I wonder how many people you're going to meet/interact with/see your whole life...
That would be a good experiment to do.
Anyways, it's getting late and I'm tired. I'll post more about what more I have to say if I got time.
Until next time...
The End.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment